The RightsCon Communications Manager is an important role within the RightsCon team, responsible for leveraging a range of online tools to engage and expand the diverse RightsCon community toward a shared agenda for human rights in the digital age. Functions encompass communications strategy, marketing, social media, website management, and outreach management.
This position is housed within the RightsCon team and reports through the RightsCon Director, and liaises closely with members of advocacy and communications teams.
What you will do
Communications strategy and marketing management
- Design and manage communications, marketing, and outreach strategies to support year-round engagement, including for our 10th anniversary in 2021, with existing and new community members
- Use current and historic data sources to further audience segmentation and develop clear indicators of growth/impact/success
- Develop and lead a communications schedule for the five-day event, including creating a schedule for content and executing all engagement opportunities
- Leverage RightsCon platforms, including the website, newsletter, blog, and social media to strategically support RightsCon mission and goals
- Draft communications materials, including blog posts, content for the website, internal and outreach templates, to support programmatic and operational success
- Draft content across all RightsCon platforms, including the summit event platform, website, proposal portal, and more, to facilitate a clear participant journey
Social media, website, and design management
- Coordinate with design team to create multimedia content adapted to various platforms
- Run RightsCon social media accounts in coordination with the Access Now advocacy team (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Create a social media calendar and maintaining a regular publishing schedule that reflects and leverages the work of RightsCon and the global human rights community
- Offer constructive, community-building, and tactful interactions with audiences across channels
- Actively monitor website to maximize opportunities for engagement, featuring priority content, and maintaining best practices for UX and accessibility
- Liaise with design team and external design consultants to produce RightsCon materials, and publications
You will have a passion for, and track record of success in, connecting with online communities and developing high-impact digital content. You are a creative and empathetic communicator, as well as a thoughtful, goal-oriented planner who doesn’t mind crunching a few numbers to track outcomes. Most importantly, you have a finely-tuned attention to detail, a commitment to excellence, a strong sense of humor and team spirit, the ability to own and independently manage multiple projects at once, and an appetite to continuously learn new tools and tactics. You are ready to be a thought partner to your teammates in identifying opportunities for impact, and to keep RightsCon’s mission at the forefront of day-to-day work.
- Passion for the mission, with understanding of the unique challenges at-risk and marginalized communities are confronting
- Familiarity with (or a demonstrated willingness to learn about) developments in technology and its impact on human rights
- Four to six years of experience using communications tools to expand engagement in a network, community, or event
- Experience managing a community contact database and leveraging newsletter content to drive sign-ups and build retention
- Knowledge of platform-native analytics tools, and the ability to translate analytics to meaningful learnings to adapt strategies and deepen impact
- Native-level fluency in English, with meticulous attention to grammar and style, and the ability to edit your own work
- Strong persuasive writing skills and the ability to distill complex issues into simple, compelling messages
- Strong internal and external communication skills, paired with cultural sensitivity and passion for human rights issues
- Excitement about continuous learning, trying new things, and being a member of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, respond quickly to breaking news items, and effectively balance competing priorities
Time Commitment and Location
This is a full-time position. We are accepting applications from qualified individuals in Belgium, Costa Rica, Germany, Tunisia, and the United States. Preference is for someone able to work from one of our office locations — when they reopen — in Berlin, Brussels, New York, San José (Costa Rica), Tunis, or Washington, DC. The successful candidate must have work authorization in the location on which they will be based. We will be unable to sponsor visas or relocations for this role.
Please, find more information here.