Organisation: National Democratic Institute of International Affairs (NDI)
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
The National Democratic Institute of International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Senior Program Manager to oversee counter-disinformation programming and supervise NDI’s public opinion research program in Ukraine. The successful candidate will advise NDI staff and partners on best practices to conduct public opinion research surveys, analyze data and research findings, and use research to design and implement programming in all areas. S/he will also manage NDI’s innovative, evidence-based program to safeguard information integrity.
The Resident Senior Program Manager reports to the Senior Resident Director.
This position is based in Ukraine, and applications are welcome from both Ukrainian and international candidates.
For international applicants, the successful candidate should be prepared to relocate to Kyiv, subject to security reviews and donor approval. This is an unaccompanied post.
- Contribute to the development and elaboration of NDI’s information integrity/ counter disinformation strategies for Ukraine.
- Work collaboratively with NDI staff and partners in civil society, parties, media, and government to suggest improvements to country-specific activities to promote information integrity/counter disinformation.
- Engage with NDI/Ukraine staff and partners to design and analyze quantitative and qualitative public opinion research products. Prepare research products for internal and external distribution, use research to inform program design, and share research products with relevant stakeholders in civil society, media, government, and the international community.
- Contribute to submission of program-related materials, including regular reports that describe activities, measure and evaluate program results, and lessons learned, as well as tell a broader story about impact. Ensure adherence to relevant and applicable policies and procedures, as well as funder/donor regulations, ensuring the integrity of all financial transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum eight (8) years practitioner experience in democracy and governance (D&G) work.
- Experience designing and implementing evidence-based programming aimed at countering disinformation and propaganda.
- Demonstrated experience with best practices for conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience supervising or mentoring junior staff.
- Exceptional political judgment and analytical skills for interpreting complex political environments, as well as identifying and responding to program opportunities. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
- Demonstrated experience as a participatory trainer, facilitator and trusted advisor.
- Proven capacity to meet program goals as well as financial, administrative, and security responsibilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, representational, and negotiation skills as well as cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff from multiple countries, members of donor organizations, funders and policy-makers;
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-cultural environment; experience living and working overseas and an ability to work in a challenging environment is strongly preferred, as is previous experience in former Soviet/Eastern bloc countries.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required; oral communication skills in Ukrainian a plus; and
- Familiarity with Google platform, virtual meeting and webinar technology, and Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience in applying innovative research methods and experimental design, such as split sample information priming experiments, conjoint analysis, and complex randomization;
- Knowledge of social media monitoring, data analysis, and visualization techniques;
- An established track record of working in the counter-disinformation/information integrity field.
- Experience in organizational development with civil society organizations.
- Experience in results-oriented program design, strategic planning, and program evaluation.
This position is based in Kyiv, Ukraine and is unaccompanied.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical-related condition.
To apply for this position, please visit the NDI website at: www.ndi.org/careers. Additionally, please also send an email to email@example.com to notify us of your application.