- Journalists from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia and Slovakia with demonstrable professional experience.
- Applicants must have citizenship or permanent residence of one of the countries covered by the programme.
- Report Democracy provides editorial support in English, so applicants should be proficient in English (speaking, reading and comprehension), although they may produce their stories in local languages.
- Fellows must be able to dedicate adequate time to the Fellowship, in terms of research, reporting trips, attending seminars, writing and revising drafts and participating in editorial sessions.
- Funding amount: $1000 to $10,000
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
- Application languages: English
- a bursary of €3,000
- the chance to improve your reporting skills by working in close collaboration with world-class editors
- ongoing mentoring and support from BIRN’s leading regional journalistic network, present in 14 countries of the Central and SEE region
- the opportunity to participate in an introductory seminar focused on reporting and storytelling techniques
- the chance to win additional awards worth between 3.000 and 1.000 euros for the best three stories
- worldwide publication of reports in local languages and English through the network of media partners
- membership of the Fellowship alumni network, designed to support networking between fellows who have participated in the programme since 2007
Please, find more details and apply here.