The Regional Budget Officer (RBO) serves as a key member of the Asia Department. The RBO is responsible for providing budget support to management and program staff during pre-award, implementation, and closeout. The RBO will work closely with program staff to assist in developing, managing, and reconciling budgets and project expenditures in support of program objectives. The RBO will be expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education, or training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of Internews’ global field offices are closed or partially remote. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this role will also function remotely. Ultimately, this role will be based in our Bangkok, Thailand office.
You should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align in part with those of colleagues in the Asia-Pacific region for the duration of the assignment. In addition, there are some locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
- Develops budget modifications for funder approval for current active projects;
Supports Business & Finance team to develop proposal budgets for new business opportunities with assistance of program and operations staff;
- Tracks monthly expenditures against project and portfolio budgets;
- Works with program teams to forecast monthly expenditures for project and portfolio budgets;
- Develops and provides ongoing analysis on labor allocations and forecasting for Program Management Unit and project staff;
- Supports preparing advanced financial analysis and forecasting for Regional Director, Business Manager, and Headquarters staff;
- Consulted on items such as procurements, subgrants, budget availability and changes, project close out and start up, office close out and start up, registration and ongoing regulatory requirements, Personal Services Contractor submissions and modifications, credit card expenses, etc., for budget availability;
- Coordinates with Financial Reporting team on expense reports, vouchers, and process payment requests;
- Supports onboarding new staff with budget management trainings;
- Tracks and flags obligation and payment requests with funders;
- Consulted on cost share obligations as needed;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closed related field OR equivalent professional experience
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Grant proposal and budget development experience
- Experience with financial analysis, accounting, bookkeeping and financial management
- Experience with the Program Unit Region; language proficiency a significant asset, other regional language skills helpful
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US State Department
- Experience with managing complex portfolios with multiple funders, variety of grant sizes, projects operating in multiple countries, and with staff based in multiple time zones
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritise and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Willingness and ability to work in Bangkok, Thailand
To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network