Radio Dabanga produces independent news to make sure that everyone, wherever they are in Sudan, is aware of vital information. This includes news on political developments, human rights abuses, outbreaks of disease, and gender-based violence.
Radio Dabanga believes that representation of these issues in the media can help foster information exchange, understanding, and eventually peace in Sudan.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Guide the radio station to organisational independence (financially and operationally);
- Identify fundraising opportunities and maintain good relations with the institutional donors and private funders;
- Develop and implement a fundraising policy and have (final) responsibility for proposal writing;
- Responsible for the planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of the projects;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of human resources within the operational (financial) boundaries;
- Responsible for a timely narrative and financial report towards the donors;
- (Final) responsibility for financial administration according to the Dutch law and guidelines;
- Develop and implement a marketing and public relations policy within the mission of the radio station;
- Expand and maintain the network of stakeholders of the radio station including (but not limited to) donors, media, and civil society in both Sudan and the Netherlands, and also internationally;
For a detailed description of the position and candidate requirements, click here.
Please apply by sending your English CV and short cover letter (both in PDF format) no later than October 15, 2019 to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) via the application form.