Organisation: Free Press Unlimited (FPU)
Free Press Unlimited is looking for a Project Officer (32 – 38 hours a week) for their Middle East and North Africa Programmes. The position is based in the office in Amsterdam.
What you will be doing
- Support Programme Coordinators in the design of project proposals;
- Develop contracts and agreements with donors, service providers and partner organisations, in collaboration with the Programme Coordinators;
- Take care of part of the communication arising from acquisition and preparation of projects, in collaboration with the Programme Coordinators;
- Support Programme Coordinators with the planning, organisation, reporting (financial and narrative) and implementation of projects and deploy external providers (such as interpreters/ translators and trainers / experts) where necessary. All within the financial and qualitative framework established by management (and Programme Coordinators);
- Monitor the progress and execution of the project activities in collaboration with the Programme Coordinators, and provide them with information on any deviation and/or stagnation;
- Support MENA partners to develop project proposals and build their capacities in project management;
- Organise travel, accommodation, visas and insurance of those involved in project activities;
- Plan and organise gatherings, meetings and visits in the context of projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad, and in consultation with the Programme Coordinator;
- Shared responsibility for writing communication contributions, web texts and keeping external project information up-to-date, including the design and development of multimedia content for projects.
What FPU are looking for
They are looking for a person with a passion for press freedom and media development, preferably residing in the Netherlands. The ideal candidate is independent, self-confident, has strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to keep an overview and to set priorities.
In addition, the following requirements apply:
- Uni of Applied Science level of working and thinking;
- At least 2 years experience in a project/partner management position, preferably in the Middle East North Africa region and/or media support;
- Experience of project management and the relevant methodologies;
- Good Arabic language skills, both spoken and written. Knowledge of English and or French is required;
- Good relation-building and partnering skills;
- Hands-on mentality;
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Excellent and sensitive communication skills verbally and in writing, including in giving feedback to partners and within the team;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail, especially when collecting, at times, complex information;
- Knowledge and experience in the area of media, journalism and/or sustainable media development, preferably in the Middle East North Africa region is an advantage;
- Affinity with journalism, press freedom and safety of journalists is an advantage;
- Eligibility to work in the EU.
What FPU offers
- An employment contract for one year first with the possibility of extension depending on performance and funding
- A salary between € 3.800 and € 5300 gross per month for 38 hours per week, scaling takes place depending on your experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- Excellent pension scheme
- 25 days of leave per year
- Vitality allowance
- Working from home options, flexible working hours
- 100% reimbursement of your commuting by public transport (living outside of Amsterdam)
How to apply
Please apply by sending your English CV and short cover letter (both in PDF format) no later than January 25, 2024, to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) via this application form. For questions about the position you can contact Elisabetta Plebani (Team Leader) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit this page.