Organisation: Earth Journalism Network
– exclusively Ecuadorian journalists. Institutions;
– journalists working in any medium (online, print, television, radio) and to other specialized media professionals with experience in investigative reporting and a history of coverage of environmental issues;
– also accepted requests from business journalists interested in publishing on the economic links of illegal fishing.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Ecuador
- Application language: Spanish
The Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is calling for proposals for the Project of Reports on Fishing in Marine-Coastal Areas of Ecuador. EJN offers scholarships to support the production of in-depth reports that report on the situation of fisheries in the marine-coastal areas of Ecuador, with special emphasis on illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing, and the impacts that this practice is having on an environmental and economic scale, as well as on the livelihoods of the fishing communities of that country. Due to the Ecuadorian government’s limited actions to stop illegal fishing in that country’s EEZ, various local media and civil society organizations have begun to raise awareness and press for a greater response from the Ecuadorian authorities. However, more coordination and reporting skills are needed to ensure that people understand the real threat of illegal fishing and can defend their rights.
See here to learn more and apply.