Internews is seeking a full-time Project Manager in Tunisia to lead the in-country implementation of a project that aims to create a more inclusive Tunisian society for marginalized racial and ethnic communities and underrepresented and vulnerable groups by countering discrimination and promoting greater diversity in media coverage.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project on the ground, making sure the work is on track with the work plan, coordinating with local partners, organizing timely completion of high-quality deliverables, and drafting regular project reports.
The Project Manager will work with activity-specific consultants and trainers along with personnel from local partners to ensure successful project implementation. The Project Manager reports to the Senior Program Officer in Tunisia and will closely coordinate with the Berlin-based Regional Director for MENA and the MENA Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
The Project Manager will also work closely with several teams at Internews headquarters in Washington D.C. and Arcata, CA, which provide high-level technical advice, ensure compliance with Internews and donor policies and regulations, and offer back-stopping support.
This role will be based remotely in Tunis, Tunisia.
- Plan, lead, and conduct regular monitoring of project activities to ensure project objectives are being met.
- Prepare monthly reports to the Senior Program Officer on the project’s execution.
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and learning and adapt program activities as necessary in coordination with the Senior Program Officer and Internews HQ team in Washington, D.C.
- Monitor and oversee workplan implementation.
- Implement and attend all in-country activities.
- Manage the work of project consultants.
- Coordinate with local partners and project beneficiaries.
- Oversee distribution of small grants.
- Attend and assist in facilitation of project trainings, in person (in Tunis and other areas of Tunisia) and/or online.
- Provide financial reports for project activities to HQ.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested.
- Research and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Stay informed and update Senior Program Officer about political developments relevant for project context.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience including 4 to 6 years of project management experience.
- University degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic languages (speaking, understanding, and writing).
- Proficiency in French preferred.
- Knowledge of the Tunisian media landscape and strong expertise in the civil society sector; knowledge of rights-based approaches.
- Excellent communication and strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and problem-solve in a multicultural, remote work environment.
- Strong sense of teamwork and productivity.
- Flexibility to adjust working hours as needed to accommodate periodic shifts in workload and colleagues in different time zones.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, and good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities.