MDIF/MAS is looking for a full-time Project Manager to formulate, coordinate and implement media initiatives that seek to accelerate digital media innovation, audience engagement and sustainability models among independent media outlets around the globe. MDIF seeks a highly competent and organized media professional to develop and support programs that deliver high-quality and timely venture support to MDIF’s global portfolio and partner cohorts.
- Working with MDIF’s Media Advisory Services (MAS) team, assist in the planning, development, execution and project coordination of technical assistance and venture support for MDIF clients and candidates globally.
- Aid the MAS department as it cooperates with MDIF’s Regional Directors and Investment Officers to identify the needs of specific candidates, partners, or cohorts.
- Contribute expertise to the assessment methodology and development of our global partners’ digital engagement and revenue strategies.
- Will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget while at the same time monitoring progress and reporting accordingly.
- Proven experience in project management and working experience in a media organization and journalism.
- Additional experience in audience engagement, media revenue models, and/or media support is a plus.
- Experience with international and global organisations will also be considered a plus.
- Understanding of media environment and today’s challenges faced by journalism organizations.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), MailChimp; Google Analytics / and audience reporting
- Ability to work on multiple tasks under pressure independently under minimal supervision and ability to work well as a member of an international team.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and at least one other language, preferably Spanish and/or Slavic languages
- Outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Availability for regular business-related travels.
- Commitment to MDIF’s mission and policies and a passion for press freedom.
- The MAS Project Manager shall be based in Europe. Willingness to be based in Prague, Czech Republic, is a plus.
- A passion for press freedom.
To apply please click here.
Organisation: Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF)