Organisation: European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
European Centre for Press and Media Freedom are looking for a remote-based freelance project manager to implement ECPMF’s new pilot project “Freelance Journalism in Exile”.
In this freelance role, you will collaborate with their support team, who work with journalists and media workers at risk and in exile. To implement the project you will be working closely with journalists from Russia and Belarus in exile in Germany, with media outlets in exile, media experts, and other relevant stakeholders.
You will be responsible for organising and accompanying three-months long work placements for 20 journalists in exile, two workshops, and one networking event.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and spoken Russian and English (or German) language skills.
- Good knowledge of the Russian and Belarusian media landscape.
- Sound understanding of the situation and needs of media professionals in exile.
- Basic knowledge of German residency system and labour law.
- Professional experience in project management of non-profit organisations.
- Bachelor degree or higher in humanities or adequate education
- Ability to work independently and in a structured manner
- Sensitivity in working with potentially traumatised people; experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Developing and implementing the selection process for participants
- Verifying incoming applications from Russian and Belarusian journalists in exile
- Establishing contacts between journalists and media outlets in exile and accompanying administrative procedures around working contracts etc.
- Organising and facilitating workshops and a networking event
- Cooperating with ECPMF’s support and communication teams
- Overviewing and controlling the project budget
- Support reporting on and evaluation of the project
- Collaboration with a young and dynamic team, which is dedicated to media freedom
- Remuneration in line with TV-L 12 on an honorarium basis
- Full-time position with 40 hours of work per week
- Duration of the contract: 1 September to 31 December 2023
To apply, please submit your application including your CV, a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications, and contact information for two professional references to email@example.com Please. indicate “Project Manager – Freelance Journalism in Exile” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 15 August 2023
Note: This call provides a general outline of the tasks and may be subject to modifications and adjustments based on our evolving needs and priorities.
The project is currently in the application phase, therefore the call is subject to funding approval.