ERIM (formerly known as IREX Europe) is looking for an experienced Project Manager to work with their team in implementing media development, freedom of expression, media and information literacy and civil society programmes in the MENA region. The position is Lyon-based, with regular international travels.
- Provide support for the implementation of different donor-funded projects, directly managing projects and working with partners and other Project Managers on administration, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and project tracking.
- Identifying, researching and developing new opportunities and applications for funding within ERIM’s mandate and using ERIM’s specific skills and capacities.
- General research on human rights issues and independent media/freedom of the press issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, social studies, international relations, media, communication, journalism, etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least five years’ experience in international project management in the fields of civil society development, human rights promotion and/or media development.
- Knowledge of and experience with the civil society and media landscape in the Middle East and North African countries.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally and work on a flexible schedule.
- Strong team working and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Understanding of budget and financial monitoring of donor-funded projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- The right to live and work in France is mandatory.
The following criteria will be considered as an advantage:
- Understanding of the civil society and media landscape in the MENA region.
- Proven previous experience in new business development, grant design and writing
- Arabic language skills.
- The contract will be a 7-month CDD at 80% or 100% (maternity leave replacement), starting in May 2022.
100% gross salary is 2450 €/month with 100% health insurance and public transport covered, flexible working hours and up to 2 days working from home allowed as per ERIM “Charte de télétravail”. If you are interested, please send a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17 April 2022, please put “MENA project manager” in the title of your email. We will review applications on a rolling basis. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please. For more information, please click here.
Organisation: Equal Rights & Independent Media (ERIM)
Location: Lyon, France