Organisation: Journalismfund Europe
BRUSSELS – Journalismfund is hiring a Project Coordinator for its Earth Investigations Programme.
The Project Coordinator is a key position within the organisation, acting as the organisation’s primary contact for grant applicants and grant recipients, running part of the grant activity and assisting in the mentoring programme, coordinating the training facilities for the grantees, networking, and the measuring of impact.
The Project Coordinator reports to the managing director of Journalismfund vzw and will work closely with the other project coordinators of the organisation and the financial management.
- Belgian resident and eligible to work in Belgium;
- Minimum four years of relevant professional experience;
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred;
- A strong interest in journalism and environmental issues; insight into investigative journalistic methods is a plus;
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of other languages particularly
- French or Dutch – is a plus;
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Insight into budgets and figures;
- Excellent project management and time management skills; able to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team);
- Good knowledge of social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Experience with audience engagement strategies is a plus.
- Oversee and execute all elements of the grant programme.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of training and networking facilities.
- Assist in the communication programme results.
- Other duties as required
- Full-time position (38 hours/week). One-year term with the possibility of renewal.
- An interesting salary and benefits package (a gross salary between € 33,000 to € 44,000 annually, depending on the level of experience).
- Offices located in Brussels (Belgium).
Send your CV and a statement of motivation in English as well as the contact details of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project coordinator – Earth Investigations Programme <name>” in the subject line. The applications should be submitted on 7 August 2023 at 1 pm CEST at the latest.
Starting date: asap