Fondation Hirondelle is searching for a Project Coordinator to launch and implement a project supporting media affected by the conflict in Ukraine. This position could evolve depending on the situation in the field and available funds to pursue activities.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of all field-based activities as described in the project document and will have primarily a coordination, facilitation and liaison role with the key stakeholders involved in the project, namely: Fondation Hirondelle production & broadcasting partners based inside or outside Ukraine; a selected group of media inside Ukraine, and a team of editorial producers working in Ukraine and remotely. The Project Coordinator is supervised by the Programme Manager in Lausanne.
- Ensure the timely implementation of actives according to the defined action plan; monitor
progress on all activities and indicators and reporting.
- Gather evidence of activity implementation by media partners by verifying information from
editorial teams, media partners, and correspondents. The consultant should have or quickly
develop a network in various areas of Ukraine to be able to verify broadcasting by partners
and have open lines of communication with local stakeholders
- Monitor the evolution of the conflict in Ukraine from a media perspective in order to adapt
activities to changing needs, and to be able to identify funding opportunities.
- Ensure coordination of activities with project partners stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate between the editorial teams (both remote and in-country), Fondation Hirondelle
headquarters and correspondents in-country to ensure proper financial management and
reporting (requesting payments, collecting and sending support documents, writing reports)
- Excellent project management and communications skills; previous experience in media
development or journalism is an asset.
- A problem-solver who is flexible, thrives in challenging contexts, works well under pressure
and comfortable in a multicultural context.
- Proficiency in English, Russian, and Ukrainian languages is mandatory.
Conditions: This consultancy is based in Ukraine or a bordering country, 6-month posting. Depending on funding and context evolution, these TOR may be renewed. The preferred start date is as soon as possible.
To apply, send a CV to Nicholas.email@example.com as soon as possible. CVs will be reviewed as they are received until the candidate is selected
Organisation: Foundation Hirondelle
Location: Ukraine or a bordering country