Location: Remote in the Dominican Republic
Internews is looking for a Project Coordinator to create and oversee activity implementation on the Signpost-Internews Dominican Republic (DR) project.
The project coordinator will provide support to the project manager and team in the implementation and administration of activities. This is a wide-reaching support role that will provide support to all aspects of the project including support to research activities, project reporting, and leading Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the team.
This role will be based remotely from anywhere in the Dominican Republic. You must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Perform general project administration including calendars and files management;
- Communicate regularly and follow up with partners and participants and track program progress;
- Organize and monitor activities’ schedules and follow up on deadlines;
- Assist in coordination with Internews project team, Signpost, trainers, and partners;
- Assist project team in the logistical organization during training sessions;
- Assist in project documentation and data collection;
- Vet and edit all sensitive content for adherence to editorial standards;
- Work with Internews leadership to ensure Signpost-Internews, DR plays an appropriate role in implementing regional strategy;
- Provide input on, and draft language for, communications and reports related to Signpost-Internews, DR;
- Represent Signpost-Internews, DR at conferences and in interagency meetings;
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of current digital and social media content best practices and share knowledge with the editorial team;
- Maintain working knowledge of key issues and events in relevant humanitarian/migration contexts;
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or equivalent combination of background and experience;
- Demonstrated experience in partner and relationship management;
- Experience managing budgets, including producing forecasts and reports;
- Interest in, and familiarity with, new media and new digital applications for citizen journalism and information access;
- Fluency or advanced knowledge of Spanish and English. French or Kreyòl not required, but highly valued;
- Self-starter — must be productive with minimal direction and flexible to sudden changes in requirements;
- Excellent visual design sense regarding the clear and accurate presentation of content;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and travel as required to project field sites;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment within and across departments/functions/geographic locations and develop positive relationships with locally and remote-based staff.
Learn more here to apply.