Internews seeks a Project Coordinator to provide support to the Program Manager, Technical Specialist, Country Director and team in the implementation and administration of activities. This is a wide-reaching support role that will provide support to administrative, operational, and technical aspects of Internews’ US and European funded portfolio of projects. The Project Coordinator reports to the Program Manager.
- Perform general project administration including file management, processing payments and contracts, reconciling credit card statements, and gathering and tracking documentation from partners;
- Track payments to subgrantees, vendors and consultant, and flag any payment delays for follow-up with appropriate Internews Staff;
- Communicate regularly and follow-up with partners and track their progress;
- Organize and monitor activity schedules and follow-up on deadlines;
- Develop and translate communication materials in Arabic;
- Support country-specific operational procedures in coordination with HQ Business Management Unit;
- Assist in activity coordination with program team, trainers, and partners;
- Assist program team in logistical organization for project activities;
- Assist in project documentation and data collection;
- Assist in drafting donor reports as needed;
- Any other tasks as required by the program team;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in a non-profit organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic (speaking, understanding, and writing);
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including knowledge and proficiency with excel sheets and managing and tracking detailed information;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Positive and encouraging personality, enthusiasm for building positive connections with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness to travel internationally to provide administrative and logistical support for events as needed;
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on the About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This is a remote-based position. All remote candidates will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates based in U.S. or MENA region. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited term position with an anticipated term of 12 months. This position may possibly be extended, contingent upon funding.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in the US or in the MENA region