Location: MENA Region
Internews is looking for a Project Coordinator to acts as the primary point of contact for all administrative, logistical, and reporting functions for one of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Program Management Unit’s regional projects.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for carrying out day-to-day oversight duties, including ongoing communication and coordination with project beneficiaries, ensuring high-quality and on-time delivery of project activities, leading all contracting and recruiting for the project, and ensuring continuous coordination with other Internews departments such as Monitoring & Evaluation, Finance, and FilmAid.
The Project Coordinator is also expected to escalate issues to the Project Manager and Program Officer as needed. The Project Coordinator will also work in close coordination with Internews teams based in Washington, DC, and Arcata, CA, and with Internews’ regional office in Tunisia. These teams provide high-level technical advice, ensure compliance with Internews and donor policies and regulations, and offer backstopping support. The Project Coordinator is a complex administrative support position requiring prior education and experience.
This role will be based remotely in the MENA region.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Support day-to-day work plan implementation.
- Coordinate with project beneficiaries as needed.
- Attend and/or facilitate project activities.
- Lead coordination with Internews teams involved in the project as needed.
- Facilitate and support internal and external donor reporting, including quarterly, annual, and final reports.
- Ensure the project complies with all administrative requirements, including Internews and donor regulations.
- Support in budget oversight and tracking expenditures.
- Facilitate and support on all PSCs, OSCs, procurements, and other contractual requests.
- Review and process all consultant invoices and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a tracker for all consultant contracts and payments.
- Conduct regular monitoring of project activities in coordination with the MENA Regional M&E Officer.
- Develop impact stories in coordination with the MENA Regional M&E Officer and Project Manager.
- Provide Arabic-English (and vice-versa) translation, as requested.
- Administer job functions with limited oversight, escalating issues to the Project Manager and Program Officer for their input as needed.
- Assist with research and other projects as needed or requested.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice
- University degree in journalism, political science, social science, or other relevant area OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Minimum two years’ prior relevant work experience.
- Professional experience in project administration.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
- Ability to read and comprehend process documentation, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information, verbally and in writing, to other employees of the organization.
- Technical proficiency, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Proven organizational skills, with good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to operate in a multicultural and remote work environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and complete tasks on time.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.