Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Associate – Mediterranean Media Initiative. The Mediterranean Media Initiative Project is a new project under the Earth Journalism Network programme, designed to build the capacity of journalists and influential media organisations from the Western and Central Mediterranean region to expertly report on and investigate multi-layered marine issues impacting both their individual countries and the wider region.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Project Director and other EJN staff in the implementation of the project and achieving all its deliverables
- Supporting the work of Project Mentors as they train individual and groups of journalists and organize field trips
- Support the judging of grant proposals by reviewing applications and, upon training, preparing and overseeing the review of all proposals by a penal of judges
- Support administrative procedures for the project, including arranging grant and contractual agreements, processing payments and onboarding new grantees
- Support logistics for webinars which may include, but is not limited to, speaker outreach, scheduling and creating promotional materials, preparing and distributing surveys, compiling survey responses and stories produced by attendees.
- Support logistics for in-person events, which may include, but is not limited to liaising with team members to coordinate travel and field trips, visa application support, airfare and lodging requests, and per diems.
- Assist with the collection and distribution of stories produced by the project on the EJN website and social media channels.
- Assist with the judging and presentation of the Med Media Awards.
- Understand and commit to uphold Internews’ Core Values
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in project administration and/or project management
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English and French, both verbally and in writing.
- Interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Work or educational experience in media, environmental issues or international development preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
- Experience in working remotely desired.
- Understanding of the media landscape and ability to think out of the box on ways we can support its growth going forward.
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 1 page explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer. This position can be located in either the United Kingdom or France and therefore a successful applicant must both be present in the chosen country for the duration of the assignment and obtain the Right to Work for that country in order to commence their employment. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: United Kingdom or France