Organisation: Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media is seeking a Project Assistant. As Project Assistant, you will support the Office in carrying out regular duties, particularly in the administrative aspects and logistics of the ExB projects, in line with RFOM’s mandate and project documents and budget, including the support of the organization of expert meetings and conferences.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Working under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, as Project Assistant, you will provide administrative and logistical support in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating project activities. More specifically, you will be tasked with the following:
- Assisting in project management by drafting documents, in particular agendas, invitations, lists of participants, evaluation forms, background papers, bios, thank you letters, recommendations, etc; obtaining and compiling background information required for preparing activities and documents; designing and drafting schedules and plans; providing inputs to project (financial) reports and contributing to drafting background materials to external events and meetings;
- Communicating and co-ordinating with partners, experts, speakers and participants of events, including on logistical issues; storing contributions and communication in a structured and organized manner, and facilitating the efficient extraction of information;
- Screening correspondence and information; providing relevant background/project information whenever necessary; keeping track of pending matters; following up with experts/colleagues on deadlines; exercising administrative/secretarial tasks by responding to routine requests for information, making arrangements and appointments for meetings with stakeholders, drafting meeting minutes, elaborating electronic and paper filing systems, ensuring project documentation is readily available;
- Contributing to the preparation and organization of events/meetings/trainings including making travel and accommodation arrangements for project staff, consultants and participants, and assisting with travel logistics, visa support, allowances etc.; using Oracle-based Enterprise Resource Planning system;
- Assisting the Project Manager with programmatic tasks including research, drafting and review of documents, and follow-ups;
- Assisting in maintaining budgetary and expenditure overview and records, and ensuring timely payments of expenses and collection of relevant financial documents; support the preparation, monitoring and control of the project budget; maintaining an up-to-date filing system and databases related to work; contributing to other various substantive and administrative tasks, as required.
- Completed secondary education;
- Training in office administration, protocol, records management or similar would be an asset;
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in the areas of project management, event planning and/or international relations;
- Experience and/or good knowledge in the field of human rights, security, and digital technologies;
- Good knowledge of OSCE modalities and mandate of RFoM would be an asset;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills, and previous experience in drafting and editing professional documents;
- Thorough understanding of office procedures and practices, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; working knowledge of other OSCE official languages is an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Digital literacy and proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the internet.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is around EUR 3,800 monthly depending on family status. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How to apply
The application deadline for this position is February 12, 2024. To apply, please click here. For more detailed information on this position, the structure and work of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media, please visit this page.