Organisation: International Media Support (IMS)
Location: Manila, Philippines
IMS is seeking a dedicated Programme Operations Officer to join the Asia team for their Philippines and other Southeast Asia programmes. As the Programme Operations Officer, you will be responsible for the financial and administrative coordination and support of the programme activities, ensuring effective and efficient implementation in compliance with IMS policies, rules and regulations.
Key functions and key responsibilities
- Act as the point of contact in relation to the financial and administrative aspects of projects, contracts and preparations of payments to partners and the finalisation of accounts in close coordination with our country-based programme manager.
- Maintain financial oversight of the programme, including preparation of programme budget with multiple grants, monitoring of expenditures, timely and accurate preparation of donor financial reports.
- Identify operational and financial challenges with programme implementation and propose solutions to mitigate operational risks.
- Prepare, quality assure, and follow up on all types of contracts, hereunder programme/business controlling of accounts and financial reports.
- Prepare payments for processing in accordance with allocated budgets and contracts in close coordination with the Finance Department.
- Conduct on-site partner assessments and partner capacity building plans.
- Drive administrative processes in the implementation of the programme, including procurement processes, and maintain an up-to-date document repository of all programme documents and resources while ensuring they are uploaded to relevant IMS internal systems.
- Provide support to the country programme team in planning and implementing major country and regional programme initiatives under the guidance of the country-based programme manager and the regional advisor, and in close coordination with other members of the Asia Department.
- Higher educational background in social sciences, international development, economics or international business studies finance, business administration, operations management, or other related fields.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in programme cycle management and administration with a strong emphasis on financial management.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in NGO sector with international donors with responsibility of donor reporting and ensuring compliance with donor guidelines. Experience administering EU-funded programmes will be considered an asset.
- Proven experience in financial management, including programme budgeting with multiple funding sources is a prerequisite.
- Excellent command of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
- Pragmatic and able to find tangible and efficient operational solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English at business level is a prerequisite.
- Strong team working skills and the ability to handle many tasks at once while working independently.
Duration and location
- Expected length of employment: 36 months with a probation period of 3 months, with possibility of extension.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and IMS policies.
- Place of employment: Manila, Philippines
- Employment type: Full-time
- Starting date: 1st January 2024