Balkan Investigative Reporting Regional Network – BIRN Hub, is opening a call for the position of Programme Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for management of the largest BIRN programme focused on capacity-building of media.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing BIRNs project(s) activities and ensuring these activities are delivered on time, within the agreed budget and to the highest standards.
- Ensure projects are legally and financially compliant and in line with BIRN’s editorial standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and management of coherent training as required, in line with project(s) objectives. This includes identifying and sourcing trainers/consultants, as required.
- Work closely with local and international project(s) partners to coordinate the implementation of consultancies, training/capacity building and outreach activities as well as the production of media outputs.
- Produce narrative and financial reports for the donor(s) and internal audiences, using agreed templates as required.
- Prepare monthly forecasts of project(s)’ budget(s) and activity plan(s), working with local and headquarters finance teams.
- Review trainers/consultants’ reports within agreed timelines and communicate them appropriately to partners.
- Identify and monitor project(s) risks and challenges, avoiding or mitigating these where possible and communicating concerns to the project(s) team.
- Represent BIRN at international and local stakeholder coordination meetings and engage in discussions with international donors.
- Line-manage the locally based project team as required.
- Organise and implement trainings and other events for the staff of the network and outside audiences.
- Support induction of new staff and carry out other agreed tasks.
- Extensive project management knowledge and understanding and a proven track record in managing complex, multi-annual and regional programmes with several partners involved.
- Strong understanding of project and programme based financial planning and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of the media scene and media development processes.
- Ability to collect and analyse information, with the aim of providing recommendations, guidance and development policies.
- Ability to travel all over the South-East and Central Europe and interact with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds.
- Understanding of capacity building and capacity development, and hands-on experience in the creation of CB programmes and activities.
- Experience in organisation of events (trainings, conferences, missions).
- Skilled and experienced in communication with donors, partners and other counterparts.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and at least one of the regional languages.
- Well organised, able to prioritise, goal-oriented, multi-tasker.
- Strong understanding of project and programme based financial planning.
Please submit a detailed CV and a cover letter with two references, responding to the points raised in the job specifications, with a clear indication which of the three positions you are applying for, not later than June 19, 2022, to our regional operations unit, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should start work as soon as possible.
For more information, please click here.
Organisation: Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
Location: Sarajevo, Belgrade, Pristina, Tirana, Skopje or remote