Organisation: One World Media
About the Role
One World Media is a London-based non-profit committed to celebrating filmmakers and journalists telling underreported global stories.
They are currently seeking a Programme Manager as maternity cover. This is an exciting and varied role, responsible for leading their ambitious training programmes for emerging talent. You will be at the centre of their work to bring new voices in print, audio, film and multimedia to the fore, working with filmmakers, journalists and media organisations around the world.
The Programme Manager will work closely with the Director and the team in planning, delivery and monitoring of the new talent programmes throughout the year, as well as communications, fundraising, developing proposals and managing partnerships globally. They are looking for someone who can bring their energy and enthusiasm to growing One World Media’s global reach and impact. It is an excellent opportunity for experienced professionals looking to further their knowledge of the UK and international media industry. As they develop new partnerships and expand their work, the role offers a chance to shape the programmes and become an active part of a small team delivering ambitious events on the global stage.
In this role, you will…
- Manage all projects and events across the OWM’s new talent programmes
- Lead the delivery of the One World Media Fellowship, and all related activities including training events, workshops, and monthly check-in meetings online
- Develop and deliver workshops with a range of trainers and partners, including UK-based and online events
- Lead the selection of new talent for relevant programmes, including the outreach, application and judging process
- Undertake editorial decisions during selection, curation and promotion
- Liaise with trainers, mentors, judges, applicants and participants in the planning and implementation of programmes
- Oversee and manage budgets, file expenses, receipts and invoices, and update databases
- Coordinate feedback and evaluation, write reports internally and externally for funders and sponsors
- Manage the Alumni Network and related newsletters, communications and community connections throughout the year
- Work with the Communications Manager on outreach, newsletter, social media and website development for relevant programmes
- Work with the Director in fundraising, developing partnerships, writing project proposals, and monitoring and evaluation of existing programmes
- Work closely with the team in developing strategies and delivering year-round events, including Awards, Global Reporting Summit, screenings, workshops and partnership events
- Excellent project management experience, with at least 3 to 5 years of experience managing complex projects with training or events, preferably with a non-profit, media or film organisation
- Experience in or knowledge of the media industry.
- Excellent networking and relationship management skills, with experience in liaising with stakeholders, both within the UK and overseas
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to manage a complex workload and multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, prioritise and take initiative
- Ability to manage a team of consultants, suppliers, assistants/interns
- Excellent communication skills, and strong attention to detail
- To be a team player within a small office environment
- Interest in the global south and international issues
- Experience in fundraising
- Interest in marketing and outreach for nonprofit
How to apply
Please send a current CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the person specification and why you are interested in this role (one A4 page max) to email@example.com by 10 am on Monday 21 August.
Initial interviews will take place online during the week of 4 September.