IMS is seeking a dedicated and experienced Programme Manager to join their dynamic and inclusive MENA team. There are around 30 staff members in the MENA Department based mainly in the headquarters in Copenhagen, but also around the MENA region. As the Programme Manager, the person will be responsible for the overall management, implementation and further development of the programme in the Maghreb countries, as well as take the lead on thematic projects relevant to the context of the programme with a special focus on providing core support to independent media partners and freedom of expression actors.
The Programme Manager will report to the Regional Director (MENA), work closely with other Programme Managers, Operations Officers and liaise frequently with IMS’ Finance and Administration Department, the Communications Unit, and other cross-cutting units where needed.
Key functions and responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all aspects of programme cycle management, including formulation of strategy, identification and assessment of partners, programme and project planning, progress reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Maintain close contact with local and international partners relevant to IMS’s strategic objectives and values at a programme level.
- Oversee the preparation of programme financial budgets while maintaining a financial overview and control of assigned programmes and projects.
- Support donor relations by providing timely programme and contextual updates as well as donor proposals including results framework analyses, work plans, narrative reports, etc., to the Regional Director (MENA).
Onboard, motivate and coach team members, ensuring ongoing healthy morale and work ethic.
- Work closely with the other members of the Maghreb team, the Regional Director (MENA) and the Department Manager to develop proposals and budget plans for new programme/project proposals and initiatives and advise on strategies where needed.
- Monitor political, social and media developments in the MENA region that are relevant for further programme development.
- Work with advisers on conceptualising and successfully implementing partners’ capacity-building projects.
- Work closely with the MENA Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser to develop and implement metrics, evaluate impact and document action steps and lessons learned.
Qualifications and skills
- 6-8 years of experience in programme and project cycle management in challenging and regional contexts.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and leading successful media development programmes, supporting good journalism and strengthening civil society and affected communities.
- Excellent understanding of the current political and media environment in the Maghreb region.
- In-depth experience with resource mobilisation, fundraising activities and donor reporting.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong ability to work independently within guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, French and Arabic is of high importance.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Maghreb region.
Duration and location
Expected length of employment: Open-ended contract
Place of employment: Copenhagen or Tunis
Employment type: Full-time
To apply please click here
Organisation: International Media Support (IMS)
Location: Copenhagen or Tunis