One World Media is currently seeking a Programme Coordinator to work on the expanded version of its annual training event, Global Short Docs Forum: Solutions Edition.
This is an exciting and varied role, responsible for coordinating One World Media’s ambitious training and events programme for emerging talent around the world.
Global Short Docs Forum (GSDF) is an intensive development and pitching workshop for short documentary filmmakers with a story in the global south, connecting them with international media outlets. This year, GSDF will have a focus on solutions journalism, with expanded outreach and training programmes in the lead up to the Forum, and increased emphasis on impact. The Programme Coordinator will work closely with the Programme Manager and the team in the planning, production and evaluation of the GSDF and new talent programmes throughout the year.
One World Media is looking for someone who can bring their energy and enthusiasm to this role to work with them on developing and delivering the special edition of GSDF, and to help grow One World Media’s global reach and impact.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking to grow their experience in events production or project management, and to further their knowledge of the UK and international media industry with a focus on the global south.
One World Media is a London based non-profit organisation committed to supporting journalists and filmmakers globally to tell stories that inform and connect us all.
- Coordinate the production and delivery of Global Short Docs Forum, and all related activities including training events, screenings, workshops and meetings, online and in-person across the world
- Manage outreach and applications for GSDF Labs and the Forum
- Assist with the production of workshops with regional trainers and partners, including arranging venues, tech, and travel for in-person events
- Assist with the judging and selection process
- Coordinate GSDF catalogue and training materials
- Liaise with trainers, mentors, judges, applicants and participants
- Work with the Comms Manager on publicity materials, social media and website
- File expenses, receipts and invoices, update databases
- Coordinate Impact Events with selected film projects
- Coordinate feedback and evaluation at every stage, write a final impact report
- Assist with OWM new talent programmes where needed
- At least 2 to 4 years’ experience in event coordination, preferably with a non-profit,media or film organisation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, deal with problems quickly and effectively
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people confidently
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Ability to learn new systems and softwares quickly
- An interest in media and documentary film
- An interest in the global south and international issues
- Flexibility regarding occasional early morning and evening working for events
- Experience in or knowledge of the media industry
- Experience in managing training events or workshops
- Experience of managing budgets
- Interest in marketing and outreach for nonprofits
- Design and video editing skills
Closing date for applications: 10am BST, Tuesday 11 October 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
This role is UK based and the candidates must have the right to reside and work in the UK.
How to apply:
Please send a current CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the person specification (one A4 page max) to email@example.com by 10am Tue 11 October.
Please note that One World Media will be considering applications as they’re received, so it encourages interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. Late applications will not be considered.
To learn more, please click here.
Organisation: One World Media
Location: London, United Kingdom