Organisation: International Media Support (IMS)
Location: HQ, in Copenhagen and MENA Region
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your analytical skills with your interest in development work? And do have excellent Arabic and English communication skills, as well as an interest in the MENA region – then we have the opportunity you are looking for!
IMS (International Media Support) is looking for a Programme Coordinator to support the effective implementation of the MENA Programme with a focus on ensuring efficient programme cycle management in line with IMS institutional practices as well as support the programme team in further developing programme outreach.
Key functions and key responsibilities:
- Assist in programme cycle management-related activities, including assessments of partners, programme/project planning, and progress monitoring/reporting.
- Responsible for the development and submission of programme reporting in a timely manner.
- Responsible for drafting partner contract opening and following up on closure processes in collaboration with the Programme Operations Officer. Contract approvals including partnership Mou and budget approvals lie with the Program Manager.
- Monitor annual programme budget ensuring compliance with donor and institutional regulations.
- Assist in follow-up on local partners in providing input needed to ensure timely and effective programme cycle management.
Qualifications & Skills
- 1-2 years of experience in providing coordination and analytical support to development programmes
- Work experience in operational support of a development programme/project is an advantage
- Demonstrated interest in a basic understanding of the current political and human rights/media environment in the MENA region.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Exceptional multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Arabic skills is a must
- Ability and willingness to travel within the MENA region
Duration and location
- Expected length of employment: 12 moths (extension pending the availability of donor funding)
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and IMS policies
- Place of employment: HQ, in Copenhagen and MENA Region
- Employment type: Full time
- Start date: As soon as possible.
You will report to the Programme Team Lead
How to apply
You apply by submitting your resumé and application in English through the link below/to the right no later than 1st of June 2023.
Interviews and testing with selected candidates will take place on a rolling basis.
Please direct questions regarding the position to Regional Director (MENA), Michael Irving Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.