Number of available internship positions: 2
Duties: In the position of Project Intern, candidates will receive work experience and advice in dealing with the project planning, coordination, and project management aspects of GFMD’s work, and will assist the Programmes and Project Manager with duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in coordination of GFMD’s International Media Policy and Advisory Centre (IMPACT), the Protecting Independent Media for Effective Development (PRIMED) project, media assistance coordination, and other GFMD project activities;
- Preparing communication materials for project activities and events;
- Coordination and assistance in the organisation of GFMD IMPACT donor, practitioner, and academia meetings, media assistance coordination meetings and other project meetings;
- Organising and keeping all programme and project documentation up to date;
- Collecting and keeping track of relevant project monitoring and evaluation data;
- Assisting with project/grant reporting;
- Writing project related content for the GFMD newsletter, website, resource pages, and social media pages;
- Other related duties as needed, such as administrative tasks like updating our Insightly CRM database.
What we’re looking for
- Student or recent graduate interested in journalism, project and programme management, international development, media markets, and/or media development;
- Passion for independent, pluralistic, and sustainable journalism;
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English;
- Second language is an advantage.
Compensation: EUR 200 (monthly)
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV in English to Ivana Bjelic Vucinic at email@example.com.
Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)