ICFJ is looking to add to global staff by hiring a Program Manager to the Programs Department. The Program Manager is a critical position within ICFJ and will be responsible for developing, conducting, and evaluating ICFJ programs as assigned and overseeing the flow of information within ICFJ. The Program Manager is an integral member of the organization and works to ensure that ICFJ maintains the highest standard of quality and efficiency in all its projects. This position is great for someone that is looking to deepen their understanding of strategy, systems, and organizational process as well as get the opportunity to work with funders and leaders in the field of journalism.
- Provide logistical support to programs with a Program Director and/or Senior Program Director depending on the program
- Responsible for managing the Program Assistant
- Take lead responsibility for managing programs from inception to implementation, as assigned
- Monitor the budget and maintain fiscal control of programs
- Help to develop a project management plan for program
- Perform other administrative and organizational duties as required and assigned to assist in the effective operation of programs
- Oversee the program consultants
Strategy and Implementation
- Design strategies and systems for monitoring impact of activities
- Ensure program impact is tracked in Salesforce and recorded for use in reports and communications
- Write quarterly and final program reports with the assistance of other Program Department members
Events and Logistics
- Recruit diverse participants, and select appropriate curricula and diverse trainers, speakers and/or mentors for events
- Develop and implement key program activities including orientations/debriefs, attachments, logistics, workshops, etc.
- Represent ICFJ at professional conferences, meetings, as assigned
- Travel with participants and consultants for meetings/and or international travel for program implementation
Helping Foster a Positive Culture
- Seek and utilize feedback from diverse sources
- Understand and effectively manage complex group dynamics
- Apply ICFJ’s best practices in DEI practices, strategies, systems, policies, etc.
- Associates degree (required); Bachelor’s degree (a plus)
- Proficiency in English (required) and Spanish (preferred)
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience in non-profit grant management, including federal grants, and/or relevant journalism role
- At least two years coordinating non-profit program activities, generating reports, overseeing budget expenditures
- A general understanding of Salesforce, and experience using other tools such as Dropbox, Slack and Google Workspace
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of databases and new digital technology
- Demonstrated written communication skills; strong English-language skills
- Experience using social media
- Journalism experience preferred
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by clicking here. Applications submitted without both documents will not be considered.
Organisation: International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ)
Location: Washington DC