The Program Manager for Europe and Eurasia is a management position which supports the Regional Director for Europe and Eurasia (E&E) in programmatic oversight of the E&E portfolio. They directly oversee multi-country and country-specific projects, as well as whole country portfolios; ensure quality of program deliverables; and work with a wide range of USG, European and private funders to ensure continuity and growth of Internews programming in countries/regions of oversight.
The Program Manager reports to the Regional Director and directly supervises Country/Project Directors and other program staff to ensure effective implementation. In coordination with the Headquarters-based support staff, the Program Manager provides managerial support and training to the program teams as required and assists in the development of new programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Implementation of Existing Projects
- Provide overall program management, including ensuring that all supervised country portfolios and regional projects are meeting their goals and recommending program adjustments, as necessary;
- Analyze project results and design interventions to address project challenges;
- Ensure that Internews fulfills reporting requirements to funders; and
- In partnership with the Business Manager, monitor expenditures and finances for their portfolio.
New Business Development and Strategic Initiatives
- Design new programming in response to needs and opportunities identified in the countries of oversight;
- Serve as a liaison with all funders and key program counterparts;
- Represent Internews in external meetings and on committees as required;
- Develop plans for improvement/expansion of activities in the countries/regions of oversight;
- Develop new projects and priorities in the region and keep abreast of program opportunities; and
- Participate in new fundraising efforts to support projects in the countries of oversight and beyond.
Staff Management and Operations
- Provide mentorship to Country Directors/Project Managers and local staff;
- Establish and maintain effective and regular communications with supervised country and project leads;
- Oversee employment planning, assign and direct work, appraise performance, address complaints, and resolve problems; and
- Liaise with HQ Administration/Accounting teams and support unit to ensure Internews policy is being upheld in the supervised regional and country offices.
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values; and
- Model and support a positive organisational culture.
- 6+ years’ experience managing projects funded by US and/or European agencies or international organizations
- 4+ years’ experience in media development
- Previous experience supervising/managing staff and teams
- English fluency in writing and speaking
- Previous work experience with USG programs and projects
- Experience developing successful proposals for major international donors
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mentor and develop seasoned professionals
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Availability to travel up to 25% of time
Please, apply here.