ICFJ is looking to add to its global staff by hiring a Program Manager for the Programs Department. The Program Manager is a critical position within ICFJ and will be responsible for developing, conducting, and evaluating ICFJ programs as assigned and overseeing the flow of information within ICFJ. The Program Manager is an integral member of the organization and works to ensure that ICFJ maintains the highest standard of quality and efficiency in all its projects. This position is great for a fluent Spanish speaker with experience managing government and federal grants who is looking to deepen their understanding of strategy, systems, and organizational processes as well as get the opportunity to work with funders and leaders in the field of journalism.
- Provide logistical support to programs alongside a program director and/or senior program director
- Responsible for managing a program assistant and/or finance and logistics assistant
- Take lead responsibility for managing programs from inception to implementation, as assigned
- Monitor the budget and maintain fiscal control of programs
- Help to develop a project management plan for programs
- Perform other administrative and organizational duties as required and assigned to assist in the effective operation of programs
- Oversee the program consultants
Strategy and Implementation:
- Design program strategies and systems for monitoring the impact of activities
- Ensure program impact is tracked in Salesforce and recorded for use in reports and communications
- Write quarterly and final program reports with the assistance of other program department members
Events and Logistics:
- Recruit diverse participants, and select appropriate curricula and diverse trainers, speakers, and/or mentors for events
- Develop and implement key program activities including orientations/debriefs, attachments, logistics, workshops, etc.
- Represent ICFJ at professional conferences, meetings, as assigned
- Travel with participants and consultants for meetings/and or international travel for program implementation
Helping Foster a Positive Culture:
- Fosters a sense of collegial partnership and works well as a member of a team
- Consistently looks at issues from multiple perspectives, and treats people with fairness and respect, without regard for their position, status or background
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree (a plus)
- Proficiency in English (required) and Spanish (required)
- Knowledge of Latin America, freedom of the press and freedom of expression issues
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in nonprofit grant management, including federal grants, and/or relevant journalism role
- At least two years coordinating nonprofit program activities, generating reports, overseeing budget expenditures
- A general understanding of Salesforce, and experience using other tools such as Dropbox, Slack, and Google Workspace
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of databases and new digital technology
- Demonstrated written communication skills; strong English-language skills
- Experience using social media
ICFJ’s office is based in Washington DC.ICFJ is open to remote work and encourages local candidates to apply. Employees will be encouraged to come into the office up to two days per week in summer 2022. Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and three references with contact information and complete the application found by clicking here.
Organisation: International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ)
Location: Washington, D.C.