Organisation: International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ)
Location: United States
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for our programs department. The internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how international programs are run by coordinating various selection processes, maintaining databases, conducting due diligence, tracking expenses, monitoring and evaluating projects, communicating impact through the web and social media, researching media innovation for project development and other administrative tasks.
- Help recruit program participants
- Assist ICFJ staff with various steps of the selection process
- Assist ICFJ staff with all logistics regarding program participants
- Assist in the implementation of workshops/trainings
- Assist ICFJ staff with communications with partners
- Maintain databases with contact information and project results
- Process expense reports and update financial tracking systems
- Assist in managing social media. (Twitter, Facebook, web analytics, etc.)
- Assist in conducting program evaluations and writing reports
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or be a recent graduate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with HR, logistics, event planning, research, databases, finances, administrative tasks and spreadsheets are preferred
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
The internship is for 25 hours a week with a minimum three-month commitment from September through December 2021.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter here. Only complete applications will be considered.