Organisation: JX Fund
The JX Fund is currently looking for a Program development officer for the new Afghanistan program.
The JX Fund supports media and journalists who have fled war and crisis regions to continue their work in exile quickly and flexibly. It acts as an international interface to constantly identify current needs, bundle offers of help and forward them to where they are most urgently needed.
- Needs analysis of Afghan exile media/media professionals in Germany and internationally;
- Maintenance and expansion of the international network of partner organizations;
- Active support in the conception of the individual projects within the program;
- Continuous communication with Afghan media professionals;
- Project coordination, if necessary in close cooperation with project partners.
- Excellent knowledge of the Afghan media landscape in Afghanistan and in exile;
- Completed university degree (preferably media or political science or equivalent);
- Journalistic experience is welcomed, but not required;
- Experience in project management (incl. reporting) / implementation of scholarship; programs/preparation of
- larger and smaller events/conception of media training/coordination of (journalistic) networks etc. welcomed;
- High sensitivity in dealing with threatening situations and traumas that journalists in war and crisis regions as well as in exile may be exposed to;
- Friendly and confident communication style, both written and verbal – even in stressful situations;
- Very good MS Office skills (especially Excel);
- Structured thinking, organizational skills, and ability to learn;
- A high degree of reliability, flexibility, and the ability to work in a team;
- Experience with international and virtual collaboration.
- Impeccable knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto (spoken and written)
- Impeccable knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- German language skills are very desirable
Send your application by August 6, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org.