Internews is looking for a Program Coordinator who will provide program management support to the Senior Program Manager by coordinating tasks within Internews and with external partners to achieve program objectives.
The Coordinator will provide temporary cover in coordination among partners, grantees, and departments to ensure coordination and synergy within activity streams. A rapid start-up is required to ensure timely implementation of partner activities. Therefore, this position is best suited to an experienced program coordinator, ideally one with experience working with Internews in a consortium.
This position will be based in Thailand.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Report to and provide timely programmatic updates for the Senior Program Manager to ensure deliverables are being met in a timely manner.
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and subcontractors/partners to coordinate program implementation and reporting requirements.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to ensure smooth coordination with M&E and the technical leads.
- Facilitate and manage key information sharing and reporting mechanisms within Internews and the Asia
- Program Management Unit (PMU) to ensure weekly, monthly, and milestone reporting (if relevant) is completed in a timely manner.
- Review and edit activity reports, Milestone Reviews and/or research reports as required.
- Work with colleagues in the Asia PMU to support project communication in compliance with donor requirements.
- Encourage a positive working environment through employee relations, activities, and communications.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience, including prior project management experience. Field and/or media experience a significant asset.
- University degree in media, development, or a related subject OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Project management and reporting experience; consortium project management experience in Myanmar preferred.
- Proven skill in producing accurate and timely reports.
- Experience with project management software, MS Excel, and Word.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with Internews’ rules, regulations, and policies.
- Excellent English-language communication skills (oral and written).
Learn more and apply here.