Location: Jordan or Tunisia.
Internews is looking for a Program Associate to provide administrative and technical support to programs under the supervision of the MENA Program Manager (based in Tunisia), and in close collaboration with the MENA department based across several time zones.
The Program Associate will be expected to perform junior-level tasks requiring prior experience, education, and/or training.
This position may be based in Jordan or Tunisia.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Assist with project oversight and planning, including progress towards program deliverables.
- Contribute to program reporting, including reviewing and editing quarterly reports and other project reports.
- Assist in the preparation of key project documentation – write, edit, proof, revise, and assemble finished materials.
- Track and manage personnel invoices, expense reimbursements, wire transfer requests, and credit card reconciliation.
- Under the supervision of the MENA Program Manager, support preparation and execution of personal service contracts (PSCs) and outside service contracts (OSCs).
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives.
- Assist the program team with proposal development as needed.
- Assist with enforcement of procurement policy for purchase of equipment, software, and other products and services, for project teams as well as for project partners.
- Coordinate travel logistics and assist with visa applications.
- Support event coordination as needed.
- Support the MENA team in compiling project updates and impact stories.
- Provide support in ensuring program implementation complies with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
- As requested, provide other administrative support to the PMU.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Relevant university degree OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Up to two years’ relevant prior work experience, including internship experience.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in the MENA region (ex: coursework, internships, study abroad, etc.)
- Analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to follow documented procedures.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently to complete tasks on time.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to operate in a multicultural and remote work environment.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize a shifting workload.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to travel to support meetings and conferences as needed.
- Technical proficiency, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.