Organisation: International Centre for Journalists (ICFJ)
Location: Washington DC
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is looking to add to its global staff team by hiring a Program Assistant to be part of the Programs team.
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting and assisting the senior program staff as needed, including administrative, financial, program planning and logistics activities, and acting as a full and active member of the program team to ensure that ICFJ maintains the highest standard of quality and efficiency in all of its projects.
- Provide logistical support to program participants, trainers, and staff, including international and domestic travel and accommodations.
- Communicate and liaise with vendors, clients, sub-grantees and consultants;
Coordinate orientation programs for program participants;
- Assist with program finances; track financial reports and payments to participants, consultants and sub-grantees;
- Execute and ensure all contracts are complete and up-to-date;
- Assist in maintaining and updating the program budget; update projections for assigned programs and set up meetings with budget analyst;
- Maintain and update the program database;
- Maintain and update spreadsheets to track program activities, results and impact;
- Contribute to quarterly reporting;
- Perform additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Occasional program travel as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a professional office environment
- Strong and proven organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially MS Word and MS Excel)
- Ability to process, organize and manage information; Salesforce or other database experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (English)
- Experience using social media including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn is preferred.
- Full working proficiency in another language other than English is preferred.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Understanding of best journalistic practices; understanding of program implementation including logistics, timelines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation, deliverables and impact
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask, anticipate issues and meet deadlines
- Work both independently and as a team member in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great at engaging people from a variety of backgrounds and professional levels
- Ability to generate new ideas that produce high-quality results.