Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)
Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD) is looking for a Policy and Advocacy Intern, who will work closely with the Director of GFMD’s International Media Policy and Advocacy (GFMD IMPACT) and our Policy and Advocacy Manager.
- Assistance in coordination, promotion, and reporting of GFMD policy, advocacy and learning meetings and other GFMD and GFMD IMPACT project activities.
- Writing policy and advocacy materials, drafting policy briefings/papers and statements, and creating and managing content for the GFMD and GFMD IMPACT newsletter, website, resource pages, and social media pages.
- Gathering evidence, data and best practices analysis for the implementation of GFMD’s digital advocacy projects and mechanisms.
- Collecting and keeping track of relevant project monitoring and evaluation data.
Qualification and requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Development/International Cooperation, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Law or Media Studies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes, especially Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to produce reports and interact with internal and external partners.
- Project management skills.
- Be able to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
In addition to the essential skills and experiences listed above, the following are essential for this role:
- Research skills
This is a four-month paid position (20-30h/week from mid-May – mid-August 2023) with the possibility of extension that is open to remote applicants; living in Brussels is not required (but preferred).
This job ad is now closed.
For more information about GFMD internships, click here.