Organisation: The Fix Media
The Fix Media is looking for an Operations Manager, a mid-senior position in a trade magazine for news media professionals in charge of product development, marketing development and operations support.
- Website oversight: By working with the external developer team, monitor the website’s performance, manage the implementation of updates and improvements, as well as troubleshoot any technical issues to ensure the site’s stable operation and user-friendly experience.
- User experience management: Collaborate with external developers and designers to ensure a seamless and engaging user experience across the website, as well as other technical platforms The Fix is present on (newsletter, podcasts, etc.)
- Marketing strategy: Develop and execute marketing strategies to promote The Fix across various channels, reaching new audiences and enhancing brand visibility.
- SEO strategy: Collaborate with the editorial team and external contractors to implement an effective SEO strategy that will improve website visibility and increase organic traffic.
- Data analytics: Leverage website and marketing data to understand user behavior and preferences, using this insight to inform marketing decisions and strategy adjustments.
- Partnerships coordination: Coordinate existing partnerships and work with them to develop new commercial and non-commercial partnerships.
- Operational management: Oversee day-to-day operations, including internal processes, ensuring they are efficient and in line with the organisation’s goals.
- Team leadership: Facilitate communication and collaboration among the operational and editorial teams, including freelancers and contractors. Work alongside the chief editor, ensuring a harmonious balance between operational and editorial initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in operations management, marketing, or a similar role within the media industry
- An understanding of the global and European media market
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to inform decisions, including using analytics to drive
- SEO, marketing, and monetization strategies
- Strong team-working skills and the ability to handle many tasks at once
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organise
- Excellent English language skills (Upper-Intermediate / Advanced)
- Excellent computer skills are obligatory; knowledge of analytical tools (e.g. Tableau) and media software (Piano, Google Analytics) would be an advantage.
It’s a full-time remote job with opportunities for get-togethers.
Everyone with the required qualifications and skills is encouraged to apply. After the first round of reviews, we will invite selected candidates for an interview.
All details concerning payment and terms of employment will be discussed in person.
To apply for the position, fill out the form by July 20th.