- Eligibility criteria:
– Investigative stories published from January 1 to December 31, 2021, and related to freedom of expression, rule of law, transparency, abuse of power and fundamental rights, corruption and organised crime are welcome to apply.
– Individuals or groups of journalists are eligible to apply in all journalism forms (print, online, radio and TV) published or broadcast in the media in each country in official, minority or international languages.
– Articles eligible for submission must appear in print, online, radio and TV media outlets during the 2021 calendar year.
- Type of funding: Award
- Target countries: Western Balkans and Turkey.
- Application language: English, Macedonian, Serbia, Turkish
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) is pleased to announce an open call for the EU Investigative Journalism Award for 2022.
EU Investigative Journalism Awards in the Western Balkans and Turkey aim to celebrate and promote the outstanding achievements of investigative journalists as well as improve the visibility of quality journalism in the Western Balkans and Turkey. The awards are a continuation of the ongoing regional EU Investigative Journalism Award in the Western Balkans and Turkey and part of the ongoing project ‘Strengthening Quality News and Independent Journalism in the Western Balkans and Turkey’, funded by the European Union (EU).
The project partners involved all have extensive expertise in the field of media freedom and have been recognised locally and internationally as strong independent media organisations.
The award fund in each country in 2022 (for achievements in 2021) is 10,000 EUR. The first prize will be 5,000 EUR, the second 3,000 EUR, and the third will be 2,000 EUR.
See here to learn more and apply.
- Awards & prizes
Organisation: Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)