OCCRP is hiring a cybercrime editor. This is a new position focused on supporting investigations at the intersection of organised crime and cybercrime. OCCRP is looking for a talented, and tenacious editor with experience reporting on how criminals conduct nefarious activities in the digital world. OCCRP’s goal is to expand reporting in this area and to steer journalists and reporting into new terrain. OCCRP wants someone with experience investigating topics such as digital money laundering techniques, cryptocurrencies, ransomware, surveillance, identity theft. Experience tracking criminal cybercrime gangs is a plus. You must be willing to get your hands dirty undertaking some investigative work yourself, as well as pointing reporters in the right direction, coordinating projects, and augmenting our reporting.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of investigative reporting on topics related to cybercrime (digital money laundering, ransomware, identity theft, cryptocurrencies).
- Technical understanding and knowledge of blockchain, cryptocurrencies, tokens and other blockchain related technologies. Ability to follow the money through public ledgers and be aware of available tools to monitor transactions going through digital exchanges.
- Familiarity with market places and fora where criminals exchange tools and strategies.
- Comfortable working under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong editing and storytelling skills to convert complex investigations into enjoyable, readable copy.
- Ability to build partnerships with other media, and collaborate within the OCCRP network to produce award-winning stories.
- Well-versed in international politics, corruption, and organized crime, as well as cross-border money laundering networks and transnational corruption.
- Experience tracking criminal cybercrime gangs.
- Knowledge of digital and operational security, including Tor, encryption, and other privacy tools.
- Experience using OSINT methodologies in your investigations.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, find more information here.