– Any independent journalist/freelance reporter not engaged on a full-time basis with any media organization.
– Former NFI fellows may apply for the current fellowship. However, the selection team will give more preference to those who have not received their fellowship earlier.
– A recent graduate in subjects other than journalism.
Type of funding: Programmatic
Target country: India
Application language: Urdu
The National Foundation for India (NFI) has launched the Media Fellowship Programme to support credible journalism and independent journalists in India. Under the programme, several grants are made to independent journalists on a rolling-basis every quarter. Their fellowship programme particularly favors independent journalists from difficult geographies and diverse social background, especially those who have been marginalized due to their socio-religious, gender and other locations. The fellowship is offered for journalists working with different Indian languages and English every quarter. NFI now announces the launch of the fourth round of its media fellowship programme. In their fourth round, they are offering fellowships to another 35 Independent journalists. Twenty five (25) fellowships are being offered for independent journalists reporting in Urdu.
- Of these 10 is for multimedia Urdu journalists in partnership with The Wire Urdu.
- And another 15 fellowships are for Urdu text journalists.
Each fellow will be granted INR 30,000 to publish one story of 1,000-1,500 words on a broad range of themes and issues of public interest, reported in depth over one month.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: The National Foundation for India (NFI)