Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Internews is seeking for a Multi-Media Advocacy Content Specialist for the Rooted in Trust project in Brazil.
About the project:
The Rooted in Trust project works to combat COVID-19 rumors and misinformation in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Iraq, Zimbabwe, Colombia, Brazil, Mali, DRC, Sudan and South Sudan. They work to create impact at the local level and inform approaches to rumor management at the global level. The project is supported by a Global Technical Advisory team made up of media, humanitarian, data science and information management experts.
In Phase 1 of the project, they collected more than 19 thousand rumors in 14 languages and supported more than 30 local trusted information providers. In this critical phase of the pandemic, the Root in Trust project plans on building on these efforts to listen and respond to the information challenges faced by vulnerable groups in humanitarian contexts, encouraging open dialogue between citizens and scientists and stronger and more collaborative partnerships between information providers (such as local media) and humanitarian and health sources.
About the opportunity:
The Multi-Media Advocacy Content Specialist will manage the implementation of documentary activities in the States of Pará, Amapá and Roraima in Brazil. The consultant will have a strong focus on audiovisual and filming Indigenous, Afro-Brazilian groups communicate to access information about COVID-19 related issues. Activities include desk research, pre-production, filming, editing, field travel and observations. The multimedia content will help to inform about RiT Brazil 2.0 deliverables, the main IEA findings, and communities success histories.
Scope of Work:
- Work with the Information Ecosystem Assessment lead researcher, content creator, Project Officer and Project Manager to design activities;
- Adapt multimedia tools to the local context;
- Coordinate with Internews team field trip to film and capture image and sound to ensure quality collection;
- Clean, collect and analyze data collected by staff and partner organizations;
- Conduct interviews with community leaders, influencers, public health and humanitarian agency officials, media representatives and others;
- Regular delivery reporting to the project team;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors; and
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to updating Internews’ Core Values.
- Product 1: Desk review RiT 2.0 Brazil project and workplan for fieldtrip and filming (60%)
- Product 2: Editing and documentary production (40%)
- Strong background in direction, audiovisual production, screenwriting, photography and documentary filmmaking;
- Degree in social communication, audiovisual, design, marketing advertising, anthropology, social science;
- At least 5 years’ experience conducting documentary and audiovisual film and art;
- Fluency in spoken and written Portuguese;
- Audiovisual experience with indigenous and afro-Brazilian communities located in Northern Brazil;
- Excellent intercultural communication skills / cultural sensitivity and the ability to forge strong cross-cultural relationships and build trust demonstrated through previous experience;
- Strong co-design facilitation, presentation, writing and communication skills;
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian principles to ensure data collection and provision follow the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Excellent writing and popular communication with indigenous and Afro-Brazilian communities ’ skills;
- Self-motivated and used to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of relevant software to produce multimedia products.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
This is a remote-first, short-term consultancy position. The ideal candidate must be based in Northern Brazil, preferably in the states of Para, Amapa, or Roraima. The candidate must have work authorization in a location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
To apply, please click here.