Internews is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Associate. In this position, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Associate will support the MEL Manager to develop, manage and continually improve the GIF project’s monitoring and evaluation methodologies and systems that measure the results and overall impact of the GIF project. Under the MEL Manager’s guidance and supervision, the GIF project’s MEL team will ensure that program staff and project partners are empowered to effectively monitor programs, draft documents, and collect data, and utilize that information to improve learning within the team and within Internews as an organization. The MEL Senior Associate will also support the analysis and learning to continuously inform and improve the project, including aiding with the facilitation of regular reflection sessions and data quality assessments, as well as more outcome harvesting, internal evaluations, and impact tracking.
This position will support a global, Internet freedom initiative funded by USAID. Internews launched this three-year initiative in August 2020 to enhance digital security for civil society and media organizations, to engage citizens in internet governance debates, and to advance human rights online. The effort will place regional and local organizations at the forefront of the fight to preserve an open, interoperable, reliable, and secure Internet. By supporting localized Internet freedom initiatives within a global, community-based Internet freedom strategy, the GIF Consortium will construct strong local and regional bulwarks against a rising wave of digital authoritarianism.
- Support the MEL Manager to develop, manage and continually improve the GIF project’s MEL systems;
- Proactively identify obstacles to implementation of MEL systems and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Attend project activities, team meetings, and trainings;
- Support the creation of evaluation tools, ensuring data is collected consistently by partners/beneficiaries and analyzing the collected data;
- Collaborate with the project team on appropriate data collection methods, tools, and reporting formats and prepare the M&E frameworks;
- Ensure data is consistently collected and stored; use data collected to create visual representations of GIF’s success and impact;
- Support the development of reports, analysis of findings, and creation of recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting;
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learnt documents and discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on strengths and address weaknesses;
- Develop close working relationships with all GIF team members, project partners, and other stakeholders;
- Provide the GIF project team with the needed paperwork to help a better planning, monitor and adapt the activities;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure the project success through documenting relevant success stories;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- English language skills required;
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of MEL activities implemented by national/international NGOs OR programmatic experience that included MEL activities;
- Interest and excitement about learning and implementing evaluation methodologies, as well as learning about new and innovative evaluation approaches;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building;
- Good writing and/or reporting skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies OR interest in learning;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys;
- Knowledge of Russian or Portuguese (highly preferred), French or Spanish.
This is a remote-based position and applicants based in the following locations will be considered: United States, United Kingdom, France, Tanzania, Kenya, Bosnia, Moldova, Lithuania, Liberia, Mali, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and South Africa. The candidate must have work authorization in a location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume here. The Cover Letter should be no longer than one page and explain your approach to developing MEL systems and working with partners. The resume should be no longer than three pages. Candidates with the strongest cover letter and resume will advance to the preliminary interview process, at which point we will conduct phone screenings of finalists for panel interviews. Internews will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and would like to hire this position before the end of April 2022.
Organisation: Internews Network