Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights (UAF) seeks a MEL Consultant to work with the Senior Learning and Impact Officer (and relevant staff) to assess its current MEL system and to identify areas for capacity building and strengthening to foster and improve continuous learning, documentation and real-time evaluation. The Consultant will support the creation of a MEL system that moves the organization towards practicing feminist and equitable evaluation. The Consultant will also support the Senior Learning and Impact Officer to engage with UAF’s staff, advisors, partners and key grantees to contribute to the co-creation of this MEL framework.
Experience & Skills (Required/Preferred):
- Experience working with a feminist and/or human rights funder (or in the philanthropic space) on the development of a MEL system and framework
- Basic knowledge and/or exposure to rapid response grantmaking (or short-term/mini-grants) and experience with evaluation of this type of grantmaking
- Experience with feminist evaluation and/or equitable evaluation frameworks (in theory and practice)
- Women’s human rights, intersectional feminisms or gender justice understanding and analysis (in a global context)
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies, data management and analysis
- Strong excel skills, especially in distilling and manipulating data for analysis
- Understanding and experience with adult learning and creating organizational learning cultures and practices (e.g. use of appreciative inquiry, listening & learning feedback loops)
- Experience working across a multi-cultural team in different US and global time zones
- Flexible work hours (US time zone with preference for Pacific [PST])
- Alignment with UAF’s feminist principles and values
- English language proficiency
Timeframe: 6-month consultancy (depending on the start month/date [July/August], this may end in January 2023)
Compensation: $40,000 total in 2 phases (3-month initial contract [July/August to September/October], with possible extension (based on quality of deliverables) for additional 3 months [October/November-December 2022/January 2023] for an additional $20,000)
How to apply
To apply please submit the following:
- cover letter,
- proposal outlining your workplan, days proposed and your rate.
If you have any samples of your work (optional), please attach. Please email at email@example.com with “UAF MEL Consultant & YOUR NAME/CONSULTING FIRM” in the subject heading.
For more information about phases and timeline please click here.
Organisation: Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights (UAF)