Duties: In the position of Membership and Engagement Intern, candidates will receive work experience and advice in dealing with the membership and engagement-related tasks, as well as supporting membership-related aspects of GFMD’s work, and will assist the Membership and Engagement Manager with duties that may include but are not limited to:
- Reach out to and communicate with new/existing members as well as potential members.
- Assist with the new member due diligence process, and vetting and onboarding new members.
- Updating our Insightly (CRM) database management system, and maintaining updated engagement logs.
- Update the Membership page on the GFMD website as needed.
- Supporting the GFMD members-only webinar series and other members-only events, such as our virtual town halls.
- Manage and train any interns assigned to assist with engagement.
- Participate in weekly/biweekly calls with GFMD staff.
- Providing technical/admin assistance as needed.
- Other duties as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Student or recent graduate interested in journalism, project and programme management, international development, media markets, and/or media development.
- Passion for independent, pluralistic, and sustainable journalism
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- A second language is an advantage
Compensation: EUR 200 (monthly)
Application details: To apply, please send a cover letter and CV in English to:
Fiona Nzingo, Membership and Engagement Manager
Organisation: Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD)