The Encrypted Messaging Platforms (EMP) Workstream at Omidyar Network is seeking a consultant to track, follow, and analyze events around encryption globally. The ideal candidate would have a hybrid experience of communications and technology.
- Monitor the rapidly evolving global conversation around encrypted messaging platforms and private messaging. This includes press releases from companies, statements, public letters, etc.
- Compile article clippings and keep them in a central location so they can be consulted when needed, organized by week
- Compose and prepare news digests on a weekly or biweekly basis, including a narrative vis-a-vis Omidyar Network’s work in the field and our EMP strategy
- Create and submit concise reports and summaries on key stories, including incisive assessments and evaluations on particular topics (example: Apple and child protection)
- Keep the EMP team informed with real-time news updates, summaries of social media conversations, and media coverage trends, themes, and overall comparative analysis
- Ability to write concise reports and profoundly analyze events in the encrypted messaging space
- High-level project management abilities, and exceptional organizational and communication abilities
- Confidence in working collaboratively with colleagues and consistently delivering high-quality work even under severe time constraints
- Working knowledge of major players in the encrypted messaging space, familiarity with how end-to-end encryption (E2EE) works
Please submit a cover letter elaborating your interest and resume firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your qualifications and rates.
Please submit your materials no later than October 31, 2021.
Washington, D.C. preferred, remote will be considered.
Organisation: Omidyar Network
Location: Washington, DC