Deadline: 2 October | MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 220 million unique monthly visitors globally, is looking for a talented freelance social media editor to join the London team.
Candidates must have previous work that demonstrates and proves skill set listed below.
- Assist UK social media editor in editing MailOnline social feeds
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media and emerging platforms
- Work closely with reporters and editors from various desks around the newsroom on social media projects and best practices
- Disseminate knowledge of social media, crowdsourcing and reader engagement techniques in the newsroom
- Monitor daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Assist social media editor with coordination of and social interaction during live events
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends in social media and news consumption
Find out more and apply here