Organisation: Lie Detectors
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Lie Detectors is looking for an International Programme Officer. The position will be a key member of the international programme team at Lie Detectors, reporting to the International Programme Director.
They will also work with country teams and external experts to engage in consistency checks and copy editing to ensure top quality training for the organisation’s volunteer journalists and compelling curriculum for classroom visits.
The International Programme Officer ensures Lie Detectors’ country teams and country partners have the materials they need to maximise the impact of the organisation’s educational work and will support in expanding their work to other countries over time.
The International Programme Officer will also play a key role in supporting the International Programme Director to manage organisation-wide strategic planning processes and will play a leading role in ensuring consistent monitoring, evaluation and learning regarding the organisation’s progress against the stated objectives. Where relevant, they will also inform and support advocacy and communications work.
- A dynamic team player with proven skills in planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Proven ability to plan, set goals and meet deadlines through a structured approach
- Excellent skills in Copywriting, copy editing and proofreading in multiple languages
- 3 years professional experience
- Ability to use programme & project management methods
- Outstanding communication skills; basic financial and budgeting skills
- Excellent English and fluent French or German (written and oral).
This offer includes:
- A full-time role
- A unique opportunity to advance and accelerate practical work to tackle digital disinformation and polarisation
- Attractive salary and benefits package; full home office set up to facilitate hybrid office work
- An interesting, varied and impactful job
- Work in partnership with journalists, educators and international teams across Europe
- Opportunities to inform deliberations in education and digital rights
While this position is based in the central headquarters in Brussels, Lie Detectors International operate a hybrid office policy, facilitating a combination of working from the office and from home.
Lie Detectors is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Lie Detectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, age or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply please click here.