- Journalists who meet the following two criteria:
- Journalists working in digital, print and broadcast media are eligible to enter.
- Entries are accepted from outside the U.S., although the work submitted must be in English.
- Funding amount: Up to $8,000
- Type of funding: Awards and prizes
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: English
The National Center on Disability and Journalism is now accepting entries for the 2021 Katherine Schneider Journalism Award for Excellence in Reporting on Disability, the only journalism contest devoted exclusively to disability coverage.
Large Media Market:
- Radio—top 20 radio market size (according to Nielsen ratings);
- Television—network or syndicated TV and Top 20 markets;
- Print—150,000 circulation or greater (largest single day, including digital replica); and wire services; and magazines, weeklies, and online-only media with a primary focus on a regional or national audience.
Small Media Market:
- Radio—below top 20 radio market size (according to Nielsen ratings);
- Television—below Top 20 markets;
- Print—150,999 circulation (largest single day, including digital replica); and magazines, weeklies, and online-only media with a primary focus on a state, city, metro area or county.
Learn more and apply here