- Training & education
Organisation: Konrad Adenauer Stiftung
Location: Phnom Penh
About the program:
KAS Young Journalist Traineeship Program aims to provide media students and enthusiasts with hands-on experience in news reporting and writing by working in an actual newsroom for six months.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Cambodia has been a prominent supporter of journalism development and journalists’ education in Cambodia since 1994. KAS believes journalism plays a crucial role in promoting democracy and bringing together an inclusive society when every voice is heard.
***Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
The selected candidates will be working in various newsrooms as full-time reporters. You will attend newsroom meetings, research, pitch story ideas, conduct field reporting, write news articles and perform other relevant tasks assigned by editors or supervisors.
- Develop professional journalism skills
- Gain working experience in a respected independent newsroom
- Establish a professional network in media and journalism
- Receive monthly financial support of $320 (including health insurance for the duration of the program)
- Access all KAS Cambodia’s events and activities
- Become KAS alumni member
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Strong interest in journalism
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- High level of English proficiency
- Attend KAS Cambodia’s events and activities
- Write a report within two weeks after the completion of traineeship
- Maintain good communication with the program manager at KAS Cambodia during the program
Hosting News Outlets:
- CamboJA News – 1 post
- SEA Globe -1 post
- VOA (Khmer & English) 1 post
- VOD English 1 post
- Kiripost 1 post
- Cambodianess 1 post
Who can apply?
- Year 4th or 3rd students or recent graduates with a strong interest in journalism
- Early-career journalists
- Citizen journalists
How to apply:
Your application should include:
- A CV (two A4 pages max)
- Motivation letter (300 words max) highlighting why you want to participate in this program.
- Samples of previous writings (including school assignments or published articles, blog posts, etc.)
Please submit your application in one PDF file with a title “Application for KAS Young Journalist Traineeship 2023” to Mr. Phan Soumy, Media & Journalism Program Manager, at Soumy.email@example.com.
Deadline: 10th February 2023
Duration: 6 Months (1st March 2023 – 31st August 2023)
***Note: Incomplete applications or failure to follow instruction will not be considered.
For more information, please click here.