- Eligibility: This competition will be held to award well-documented journalistic investigations by journalists or groups of journalists from the Republic of Moldova, independently or in partnership with colleagues from other countries, targeting acts / schemes of corruption, conflicts of interest, influence peddling or other crimes, and which were published on any type of media platform (newspaper, website, TV, radio, blog) between October 16, 2019 – October 15, 2020.
- Prize amount: €350-500 per investigation, plus scholarship in 2021 worth €500-1,000
- Type of funding:
- For the transmission of the right to translate and republish the winning investigations, the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom will offer the following rewards: first place – €500 each; second place – €350 each; third place – €200 each.
- Each winner of the 2020 competition will be able to apply for a scholarship in 2021 worth 500 to 1000 Euros per investigation. Note: the winners will benefit from scholarships after presenting the concept of investigation and will carry it out in 2021 based on the approved concept, in compliance with the highest standards of investigative journalism.
- Target countries: Republic of Moldova
- Application languages: Romanian or Russian
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (Germany) and the Independent Press Association (API) of the Republic of Moldova are launching a competition to stimulate the merits of investigative journalists in the Republic of Moldova in the fight against corruption and other crimes.
- The investigation of 2020 in the national media;
- The investigation of 2020 in the local / regional media.
Read more about the competition here.