The Project Coordinator is a key position within the organisation, acting as the organisation’s primary contact for grant applicants and grant recipients, running the grant and mentoring programme and coordinating and implementing the training facilities for the grantees.
The Project Coordinator reports to the managing director of Journalismfund.eu vzw and will also work closely with the other project coordinators and the financial management.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for managing the numerous processes, tasks and communication regarding the Modern Slavery Unveiled grant and training Programme, as well as for the measuring of the impact of this project.
- Oversee and execute all elements of the grant programme. Includes the following:
- Announce calls for applications;
- Update application platform, instructions, and guidelines as needed;
- Coordinate and schedule jury meetings;
- Prepare and distribute applications and reports to the jury members and/or oversee the on-line grant application process;
- Plan and present pre-application information sessions for grant applicants;
- Encourage applications, guide the applicants through the application process, answer questions etc.;
- Review applications for completeness and eligibility requirements;
- Attend the jury meetings to ensure correct and formal assessment procedures are followed, and draft jury meeting minutes;
- Maintain accurate records of all applications and grants using the organisation’s centralised database and other internal record keeping;
- Notify applicants of the status of their proposals, respond to questions;
- Prepare formal grant agreements;
- Recruit and appoint mentors for granted teams, follow up the mentoring process;
- Receive, track, review and file interim and final project reports and post-publication surveys;
- Maintain contact with grantees for early identification and resolution of issues;
- Draft narrative reports in accordance with the donor’s and MEL partner’s instructions.
- Coordinate and implement training and networking facilities. Includes the following:
- Assist in the identification of training needs of investigative journalists and civil society organisations in connection with the topic of human trafficking from Asia and exploitation in Europe;
- Identify and cooperate with suitable partners;
- Design and develop the training programmes (outsourced);
- Selection of expert trainers and online learning tools;
- Organise and coordinate the online and in situ trainings;
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each session
- Communicate programme results. Includes the following:
- Communicate about the programme’s results and published investigations, through various channels (website, newsletter, social media, reports, …);
- Participate in Journalismfund.eu’s general communication with regard to the project’s activities;
- Other duties as required. Includes the following:
- Provide back-up support to other team members as required;
- Prepare summaries and briefing materials on the project activities at the request of the managing director;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in grant making, project management and journalism, and is able to work autonomously. Strong attention to details is required, including the ability to prioritise work demands and tasks.
- Belgian resident and eligible to work in Belgium;
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience;
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred;
- A strong interest in journalism; insight into investigative journalistic methods is a plus;
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of other languages particularly French or Dutch – is a plus;
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Insight into budgets and figures;
- Excellent project management and time management skills; able to prioritise work and meet deadlines;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team);
- Good knowledge of social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Professional and/or cultural affinity with Asia is a plus.
Please, find all the details and apply here.