In partnership with the European Union to support independent media and freedom of expression in countries from the Mediterranean area, the French NGO Journalisme & Citoyenneté is looking for a Project Officer.
The project officer will be in charge of organising the planning, implementation and reporting of donor projects related to the Assises.
Based: flexible, 35-hour week.
Tentative start date: immediate.
- Financial execution such as bookings, procurements and follow up of delivery, contracting, preparing documentation for payment and accounting and audit, planning external audit;
- Technical execution such as contacting and contracting of experts, ensuring venue suitability and equipment, delivery of procured and rented equipment and services;
- Contact participants, ensure logistical arrangements (flights, hotels, catering), share information, finalise programmes, contribute to social media;
- Draft narrative and financial reports (one per year), draft and share minutes of meetings (1 per month) and events (4 national seminars per year), donors seminars (2 per year), contribute to journalisme.com updates;
- Monitor indicators and measure achievements of expected results against budget and keep project on budget;
- With relevant previous experience in managing grants and EU funded programmes, fluent in English and French, the project officer has a stated interest in NGO and media support programme.
- At least 2+ years of first hand experience of EU grant management o Experience of large-scale media-related projects for governmental, philanthropic or media industry funders, ideally all three.
- Highly organised and able to work independently, with ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Highly numerate with a very strong eye for detail; Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial reporting requirements for media funders.
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders and collaborative working style.
- Appreciation of different national and regional cultures in the Mediterranean area.
- Strong interest in media and media development.
- Fluent in French and English, Arabic an asset.
- Prepared to work flexibly during peak and off-peak times.
- Ability to support activities in other practical ways, as required.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, detailing how you meet the criteria, to email@example.com by 7am on 15th March 2020.
Please, find more info here.